- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cellery stalks, sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3/4 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 15oz cans chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 oz pasta
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Add onion, celery, carrots, and pepper to a large pot over medium heat and cook, stirring frequently, until veggies are soft. If the veggies become too dry, add a splash of vegetable broth and continue to cook for about six minutes.
- Stir in vegetable broth, nutritional yeast, thyme, bay leaves, and chickpeas. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, cover partially and reduce heat to medium-low for ten minutes.
- Add the pasta and increase the heat to medium-high for about ten minutes. Once the pasta is tender, remove from heat and stir in parsley and tamari. Remove bay leaves.
- Taste and season to your preference. We like to sprinkle additional nutritional yeast over our soup before serving!